Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year. These are some of the mountains
that surround where we live and that is how far the snow comes down.
Which is just fine with me. It is gone now and it was 64 degrees today. Yeah!! Had a free play day at the pottery studio, so I went and had a good time. Made 4 different items. Three bowls and one creative thing. Will post picture when they have been glazed.






This is my block to take to the January meeting. It is paper foundation technique. It was a little more work though. Next month is curves and circles. Yikes!



3 comments:

Denise Aumick said...

Beautiful land you live in, Doreen!
Great fabric choices for that paper pieced star. It's just filled with swirling movement - lovely.

Nikki said...

I love the blue in your quilt block -- I want to jump in and go for a swim!

Lynda said...

That block is fabulous! I can see it was a bit of work, but your fabric choices (especially the purple) make it stunning.